Monday, August 20, 2007

fiddles, banjos, whiskey & cupcakes

A small celebration today in honor of Joel finishing the first draft of his second Stanley Wells book (the first of which you should rush right out and buy, because it is very good). I baked some experimental cupcakes, and the fiddling, banjos and whiskey followed.

the cupcakes au naturel


and with their tops on, to protect their modesty


oh.. and as a catch-up from last week, both Joel and Rowan have pictures of Rowan's birthday/going away party. It was incredibly beautiful, and much fun, and Rowan's fantastic family made me miss mine very much. We'll miss her in the house as well. If it weren't so blustery outside it would be quite quiet here..

3 comments:

brie aku sefakor said...

Ohhhhh! they look tasty!!

Unknown said...

Hey lovely!

I'm back from an unusually tiring (but good) amount of festivals and ready for the final slog (9 days!) before Sweden. I think I will see you the day before I fly...on the 7th? Anyway, thanks for your comment about my party; I really was very glad to have you there and I miss you too and I will see you in a few days (agh, I have so much to sort out!)

Rowan
xxxx

p.s seriously good cakes if they tasted as good as they looked!

Crista Noel Smith said...

Glad you had a good time! It will be great to see you. Good luck with the packing!

xx