Saturday, August 8, 2009

hair

I am still experiencing... shall we say... very intense culture shock. I've been getting my ducks in a row and working to secure studio space to use while I'm here. Not much else to report, but I have received some amusing comments about my hair this week. Riding in the car one of my cousin's four-year-old twins told me my hair looked like a monster. It was perhaps the best hair compliment I've ever received. Then today I was queuing in the library and an elderly gentleman said, "It's just not fair! You have all that hair piled at the back of your head and I don't have any!" It made me smile.

2 comments:

Max said...

as well as a shed-o-meter, i think the sidelines should also include a culture shock swing-o-meter to so we can decide once and for all if it's harder to move to the otherside of the world or the suburbs.

Crista Noel Smith said...

Agreed, sir! I'll get on it right away. And I suppose it depends on the specific suburb (ahem)...